PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
All courses shall be evaluated by examination and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment shall be done through essays, tests or practical exercises:
- CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT
- Scores from continuous assessment shall constitute 30% of the final marks for courses which are primarily theoretical
- For courses which are partly theoretical ad partly practical, scores from practical assessment shall constitute 50% of the final marks
- For projects or course that are entirely practical, continuous assessment shall be based on students’ projects/practical work and shall constitute 100% of final mark.
- Each course shall normally be completed and examined at the end of the semester in which it is offered. The examination shall be conducted as prescribed by the Academic Board
- Each written examination shall be expected to last a minimum of one hour for one unit courses and a maximum of two to three hours for two/three units courses. In addition, there may be a practical and/or Oral Examination lasting for 1 – 3 hours.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR EXAMINATION
To qualify and be admitted into writing an examination, a candidate must have:
- Completed and submitted course registration from required in every semester
- Attained a minimum attendance of 70% of the lectures including practical’s, tutorials, etc
- Paid all prescribed fees for the session, including examination fees (where applicable)
- Be in possession of students’ identification card
- Be found to be of good behaviours during the semester/session.
- Federal Ministry of Education (insert evaluation letter)
- NYSC (Insert Call Up letters and pictures of some students)